Enrollment/Hours of Operation/Tuition/Uniforms:
Enrollment: Students must be 3 years old by August 31st, and fully potty trained to enroll in the program. If a child will be 3 after August 31, parents have the option to have their child repeat either Pre-K class. *Please note: ACA & Public Schools of Robeson County have an age cut-off requirement; students must be 5 by Aug. 31 to begin kindergarten. We will not take any students after October 31st. Parents may enroll their child by filling out the application and paying the Registration Fee. Applications may be printed from this website or picked up at Antioch Baptist Church. Please call 910-739-9425 or 910-674-0598 for more information.
Hours: We operate August-May. PreK: 7:15-2:00, Afterschool: 2:30-6:00. We begin our work day at 8:00. Our cut off time for arrival is 10:00 a.m. Please do not bring your child to school after 10:00 a.m. Please let us know before 2:00 if you will be late or if your child will need Afterschool Care. We allow parents until 2:30 to pick up their children before they are charged for Afterschool Care.
*EARLY ENROLLMENT begins Feb.1st. An application & registration fee will be required to hold a student’s spot. Once spots are full, a waiting list will be started. An application will be needed to hold a child’s spot on the waiting list.
Please Note: ABC PreK follows ACA. When ACA is closed for holidays, weather, or other events, ABC PreK will be closed.
Tuition/Application Fee: $25, $280 monthly, Afterschool: $8 a day. Unpaid tuition may result in termination of the program. We accept cash or check.
1. Tuition is due before the month is over. Payments can be made in the classroom.
2. Full fees are due whether your child attends or not, including inclement weather, holidays, vacations, or any other reason.
3. Please make checks to ABC Pre-K not ACA. Returned Check Policy: After 2 returned checks, payments will only be accepted by cash or money-order.
4. A one-week notice is required before withdrawing your child from our school.
Uniforms: Khaki/Navy/Black bottoms & any color polo. Fridays are dress down days for PreK. Clothing that shows violence, monsters, anti-Christian logos are not allowed. Shoes must be closed toe with a back. Flip flops or high heel shoes are not allowed. Girls that wear dresses/skirts, must have shorts or leggings under them. Please no tank tops or sleeveless shirts. Fake tattoos or fingernails such as press on nails are not allowed. Long, dangle earrings are not allowed. There will be dress-up days for holidays and special events such as School Spirit Week & Dr. Seuss. In case of accidents, please bring a change of clothes to leave at school.
Clothing, lunch bags, and blankets must not have an anti-Christian logo, monsters, or violent characters on them. Child-friendly characters are permitted on lunch bags, & blankets. Please no backpacks.
Naptime/ Cot Covers:
1. The lights are turned off and soft music is played.
2. Each child is encouraged to rest quietly on his/her cot.
3. Cots measure 22”W x 52”L x 5”H. Please provide 2 beach/bath towels, 2 small blankets, or a roll up nap mat with child’s name on it. A small pillow & a small stuffed animal is permitted and will need to stay until Friday. These will be sent home on Fridays to be washed.
1. Open house will be held at the beginning of each school year for parents and children to meet the teachers.
2. We encourage parents to be cooperative.
3. We will have a Pre-K Graduation at the end of the school year.
4. Parents may request a conference with the Director or Teacher as needed.
5. Progress Reports are sent home for each child twice a year.
6. We will take an end- of- the year class trip. (Pending)
1. Teachers must have a completed medicine form with a parent’s/doctor's signature prior to giving medicine to a child. The form is available from the teacher.
2. Parents must bring the medicine to the teacher in the original bottle, labeled with the child’s name and date on it and must be age appropriate.
Health: (Please see Covid-19 Health Guidelines)
1. An updated medical form and shot record is required by the state for each child within 30 days of the entrance date. Students will not be allowed to stay in the program without a medical form and shot record. This is a state rule.
2. We will call you to pick up your child if he/she has a fever, rash, diarrhea, or vomiting. You will be asked to keep your child at home for 24 hours before bringing them back to school.
3. Please DO NOT bring your child if he/she has the following symptoms:
a.) diarrhea-2 or more episodes within a 12 hour period
b.) pink eye
c.) head lice
d.) fever within the past 24 hours
e.) strep throat
f.) any contagious condition that has been diagnosed by a doctor
*Your child must be symptom free for at least 24-48 hours before he/she can return to school.
4. In cases of head lice, you must bring proof of the treatment used before your child can return to school. Please keep your child at home for at least 24 hours if he/she has been exposed to head lice.
Child Abuse: We are required by law to report any suspected child abuse.
Show & Tell:
*Due to Covid-19, There will be NO Show & Tell until further notice.
Inclement Weather Policy:
If the school is delayed or closed due to bad weather, ABC Pre-K will follow the same schedule as Antioch Christian Academy. You can check our website or ACA’s website at www.acanc.org. Parents will be notified via text message if there are closings or delays.
1. We take children outside for 30 minutes to an hour a day except in cases of rain, or extremely hot/cold weather.
2. If a child needs to stay inside, we must have a written note from the parent.
3. If a child must be kept inside for more than a day, we must have a doctor’s note.
If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday with special snacks, please let the teacher know in advance. All snacks must be store bought. We will have special snacks for holidays.
1. Individual portraits will be taken in the Fall for parents to purchase; class pictures in the Spring.
2. Teachers will take pictures during the year to use in a slideshow during Pre-K Graduation.
All messages should be by phone, in person, or in writing. We cannot accept verbal messages from a child.